February 20, 2021

ON THE DAY I LOST YOU FOREVER





On the day, I lost you forever.

In memory of you, my beloved son.

Why do I have to cry on this day every year?

  • It hurts. 
  • It’s thumping in my head. 
  • My heart beats faster with each passing minute until the clock strikes six PM.

You left without saying goodbye. That day my soul, my spirit, my heart got torn. My heart broke when you were no longer there. Now it will stay broken.

I wish I could call you in heaven and hear your voice. 

  • Hear your laughter. 
  • Tell you how much we all miss you. 
  • Your sister and brothers. 
  • Your children. 
  • I miss you. 
Not a day goes by without me thinking of you. Mostly in silence, where I often say your name.

  • I want to hold your hand. 
  • Embrace you. 
  • Comfort you. 
  • Laugh with you. 
  • Talk to you.

I am looking at the angels. Are you one of them?

I am peaking at the stars. Are you one of them blinking at me in the darkness of the silent night?

I am glaring at the illuminated moon. Imagining you’re sitting on the edge.

You’re looking down at me and writing me a letter.

  • I am thinking about the memories.
  • Glancing at the pictures of you.

You stay steadfast in every beat of my heart.

  • I will never forget you. 
  • I can’t forget you. 
  • I won’t forget you.

But, mostly, I wish this tragic day had never happened.

MOM


Copyright © 2021 . All Rights Reserved . M. L. Stark

No comments: